David - Beloved. William - Protector.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Oh my. It has been a while... I thought I would post a little something since it is almost that time again for Joel to deploy. Not our favorite time but it is a part of the job. :) We also have an MRI and a few doctor appointments coming up. I felt a wave of anxiety when I thought about the MRI today. It's hard in a few ways, knowing too much in my nurse-y mind and then of course as a parent hearing about David's brain. The last MRI was easy, I really could care less what they said, he was my boy and it didn't matter to me, I would look at him and the amazing things he could do, and not the science of it. This time I feel almost the same way but I would like to know more...

Fortunately, my next thought was God-inspired and sent me to the verse, "Do not be anxious for anything, but in everything, with thanksgiving, presents your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

This verse is so easy to throw out and just 'say', but when you are facing great difficulty or trials, it really is powerful if you choose to believe it and leave it with God, it is freeing beyond measure. I remember the last MRI and the neurosurgeon was very clear when he spoke about the differences in brains that he sees. Some can look great and the child is not meeting milestones, others can look terrible and the child is doing great. I love that he isn't so concrete about his patients and give prognosis' that can shatter parents. I remember being in the NICU and the prognosis doctors would give us, they were horrible and I couldn't foresee life as what it would be. It was numbing after awhile and I started to accept it... but God had a different plan, and I could see it in David, there was always something that didn't add up when people would tell us about what maybe to expect. I wish that I could shout it out to people who may have babies in the same situation as us, to not lose hope! Have faith, never give up hope, the Lord is mighty to save.

Just this week, I gave David a fork to hold (randomly) during dinner. All of a sudden, Joel and I looked up in amazement as David was using the fork to put food in his mouth! The boy is so smart! I love him! More to come, after appointments!

No comments:

Post a Comment